We won world cup...we won it..
I was glued to the laptop during the game, enjoyed the tension every second. And this is the winning special dish. An easy and simple fish fried rice.
Fish (Tuna,white fish, or any large variety) = 1/2 k.g.
- Long grain rice= 2 cup.
- Onion chopped = 3
- Oil= 1/2cup.
- Cumin seed=1/4tspoon
- Fenugreek seeds= 1/2 tspoon
- Fish sauce: 1 t spoon.
- Lemon juice=1/2 t spoon.
- Ginger= A small piece ( finely chopped)
- Garlic=1 t spoon (finely chopped).
- Turmeric powder=1/4 tspoon.
- Chilli powder= 1Tablespn
- Salt= to your taste.
- Garam masala=1/4tspoon plus 1/2 tspoon.
- Soya sauce = 1/2 tspoon.
- Pepper powder = 1/2 tspoon.
- Ginger garlic paste = 1/4 tspoon.
- Bay leaf= 1
- For garnishing = dry fruits, sultans and nuts = 1 Tablespoon.
1. Soak rice in water for 30 mnts and drain.
2. Cut fish into small square pieces.
3. Mix turmeric powder,Chilli powder, salt= to your taste, garam masala (1/4tspoon) , soya sauce = 1/2 tspoon, pepper powder and Ginger garlic paste well with few drops of lemon juice.
4. Marinate fish pieces with this masala and keep aside for at-least 1/2 an hour (if possible).
5. Fry the fish pieces in the oil then, fry the dry nuts in this oil and keep aside.
6. Now add cumin seed and fenugreek seeds and fry for a second, ginger garlic and stir well, now add onion and stir well for 4- 8 mnts, till it is transparent, add rice to this and stir well then add fish sauce cover this and cook for next 3 mnts in low flame. Then add three cups boiling water and salt to this with lemon juice and cover this with a lid.
7. Cook the rice in the low flame for 20 mnts.
8. Around 15mnts add the fish pieces and stir carefully now cook the rice in open flame for next 3-5 mnts.
9. Garnish with the fried nuts.