Split black gram skin less (urudhu dal /uzhunnu parippu)= 1/2 cup
Salt = to taste
Small onion sliced= 3-5
Ginger sliced=1/2 tsp
Green chilli finely chopped=1
Asafoetida =a pinch
Curry leaves = few
Oil = deep fry
For Dahi/ yogurt Dip
Dahi = 11/2 cup
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder= 1/2 tspn
Roasted cumin powder=1/2 tspn.
Mix all this to get the dip.
1. Wash and soak dal for three to four hours.
2. Drain and grind this, using very little water, to a thick, coarse batter.
3. Add the soda,onion,greenchilli,ginger and curry leaves then mix well.
4. Once the oil is hot pour a small portion of the batter in hot oil
and fry till wadas are golden brown.
5. You can transfer this directly to the prepared dhai dip and leave
it there for some time before serving.
6.The other method is drain and soak vada in cold water, once you
removed it from heat.
7.Squeeze out excess water and arrange them in a serving dish.
8. Pour the dahi dip on top of it and serve.
You can garnish this with curry or mint leaves.
Thursday, 4 August 2011
Dahi vada recipe.