Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 50-60 minutes.
Who doesn’t love a super moist banana cake with a strong coffee? I do. so I go for this easy to prepare less complicated banana cake if I fancy a quick home made cake.
- Over ripe banana- 2
- Butter (in room temperature)- 140 gram
- Self rising flour- 175 gram
- Sugar- 100gram
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Egg – 2
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
1. Mash the bananas.
2. Mix flour with baking powder.
3. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract (Adding one at a time and beat well before adding the next ingredient).
4. Gently fold the flour and add bananas and mix well.
5. Transfer the cake mix to a grease proof cake tin (a loaf shape one is better if you have one).
Preheat oven for 15 minutes.
Fan oven 160C/325F/Gasmark3 for 30 minutes.
Then in 150C /300F/Gasmark2 for the next 20-25 minutes.
Once the cake is ready to transfer this to a wire rack and allow this to cool down. Serve with a strong coffee. Happy fathers day.